Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » ORA-1555 during export
ORA-1555 during export [message #73850] Sat, 24 July 2004 20:57 Go to next message
shesha

Hello,

I am getting ORA-1555 error during the export.

I am getting this error almost every day.

On seeing the rollback and tablespace statistics, I found that,there is still a lot of free space in the TS and have enough huge rollback segments of extent size (32,64 and 128M). The Max extents is unlimited and Optimal is set as Null.

Can any one tell me what may be the problem?

We have set the MINEXTENTS as 2, will there be a problem because of this?.

The Oracle version is 8.1.7 and running on unix machine.

Thanks for all the suggesions.

Shesha

Re: ORA-1555 during export [message #73882 is a reply to message #73850] Wed, 28 July 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himanshu
Hi,
The possible solution for this is:
1. The UNDO tablespace is too small. Increase the size of the Undo tablespace.
Please note that the undo tablespace should be large enough to store the undo data generated by active transaction as well as those ?preserved? to honor the undo retention setting.

2. Increase the value of the Undo_retention parameter. This is important for systems running long queries. The parameter's value should at least be equal to the length of longest running query on a given database instance. This can be determined by querying V$UNDOSTAT view once the database has been running for a while.

SQL> select max(maxquerylen) from v$undostat;

Apart from this also check if somebody is accesing the Database when you are taking Export.
If yes then make use of parameter Consistent=Y in your Export command line.

HTH
Regards
Himanshu
Re: ORA-1555 during export [message #73884 is a reply to message #73882] Wed, 28 July 2004 10:06 Go to previous message
shesha
Hi Himanshu,

As I mentioned earlier, the tablespace have enough free space, We monitored the Tablespace statistics and found that at the time of export/ at the time of error the tablespace has enough free space.

And our database is running in 8.1.7 which do not contain undo concept. We are using Rollback segment.

Thanks
Shesha
Previous Topic: buffer & direct urgent
Next Topic: Help converting excel spreadsheet into csv and loading in SQLLDR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 01:43:13 CDT 2024