|Disaster Recovery for Oracle Fail Safe environment [message #273971]
|Fri, 12 October 2007 07:52
Registered: October 2007
I would like to create two totally separate Microsoft clustered environments and then install failsafe in these environments.
One of the environments would be in our Live network and the other one in DR network.
I would like to have one database on shared storage and depending on if we are using DR or LIVE it could run in either environment.
Is this possible. My proposed steps would be:
1) Install oracle software and failsafe in the live environment
2) Create the database.
3) Configure failsafe in the Live Environment between Machine networkA_node1 and networkA_node2.
3) Shutdown the live environment
4) Install identical software in the DR.
5) User oradim to create the services
6) Mount the storage in the DR environment and start database
7) Configure Failsafe in the DR environment between Machine networkB_node1 and networkB_node2.
Shutdown oracle/failsafe and all the components in DR
9) Switch the database back to the live environment
Would it then be possible that when we do a DR test we could switch the database between the two clustered environments and everything would work?
I am just concerned there maybe information stored in the database or other configuration information that would prevent this solution from working.
Many thanks, in advance.