From Oracle FAQ
TPC (Transaction Processing Council) is a non-profit corporation founded to define transaction processing and database benchmarks and to disseminate objective, verifiable TPC performance data to the industry.
Oracle Corporation is a full member of the TPC.
TPC was established in August 1988 by eight leading software and hardware companies.
Some of the recognized TPC benchmarks:
- TPC-C and TCP-E - OLTP workload
- TPC-H - Decision Support (DSS) for Ad Hoc Queries
- TPC-App - Business-to-business transactional Web services workload
Note that the following benchmarks are obsolete: TPC-A, TPC-B, TPC-D, TPC-R and TPC-W.
- TPS - transactions per second
- Transaction Processing Performance Council - latest benchmark results (see how Oracle does compared to other database vendors)
|Glossary of Terms|